What’s in store…
- Meet & visit with Hank, Tanya & their children and learn about their unique lifestyle & passion for distance dogsled racing. Hear stories of Hank’s amazing adventures on the 1000 mile Iditarod & Yukon Quest trail in Alaska the past 7 winters!
- See Hank demonstrate the gear and equipment it takes to survive running these epic races in storms, darkness & -50 F weather.
- Stroll through the raceteam kennel and meet the Yukon Quest and Iditarod team.
- Enjoy a front seat view of the Iditarod & Yukon Quest through video’s & a powerpoint presentation, documenting this amazing event.
- Have your pictures taken with your favourite husky.
- Have a rare tour of our entire state of the art touring dog kennel and meet all 150 Siberian Huskies!
- Share in the dogs excitement at getting into their harnesses and learn how to harness a dog if you wish (have your camera’s ready).
- Be joyously greeted & play with this years puppies born in March & August.
- Hank will be available to sign his book Iditarod Dreamer – A Rookie Teams Journey as well as the new 2017 Winterdance calendar.
- Includes a complimentary BBQ with our family!
If you have never been to Haliburton, there is not a more beautiul place. With our rugged landscape, festivals and all the lakes tempting swimming, boating and fishing summers are blissful. Fall brings Jack Frost working his magic on the leaves, with every bend in the road revealing another breathtaking view. If you would like to make a weekend of it, Haliburton is blessed with many inspiring artists, their fall studio tour open houses are running the weekend of October 1st as well as Haliburton Village’s Colourfest. The September 24th weekend also coincides with the Hike Haliburton Festival. It would also be our pleasure to help you find the perfect spot to spend the night!
- $20 for children 3-12
- children 2 and under are free
Reservations are required. In order to keep the tour personal only 30 spots are available each day.
Program runs from 1:00-3:00 pm, tickets are available as of October 5th at 12 noon.